Join the Section
The purpose and mission of the Labor & Employment Law Section is to serve and support our members and others through opportunities for education, leadership, networking, professionalism and public service, and by providing quality programs, publications, scholarships and awards related to the field of labor and employment law. There are many benefits to joining the Labor & Employment Law Section, including:
- The Checkoff - the Section's newsletter which provides updates on recent employment and labor law issues, including discrimination, traditional labor (collective bargaining and other union-related issues), non-competes, unemployment appeals and wage/hour issues.
- Publication Opportunities - members are encouraged to submit articles for publication in either the Checkoff or in the Florida Bar Journal (on behalf of the Section).
- At least five live CLE Seminars in South Florida, Orlando, Tallahassee, and elsewhere, including the Public Employment Labor Relations Seminar, the Certification Review Seminar, and the Advanced Labor Topics Seminar. Section Members receive a discounted registration fee for either the live seminar or the purchase of the CD/DVD/podcast of the seminar.
- Webcasts and Webinars - lunch time CLE presentations on specific areas of the law, designed for the convenience of the viewer and offered at a discount to Section members.
- Membership Directory - all members of the Section will be listed in the Directory, both in print and on the Section's Website.
- Section Committees and Subcommittees - Members are encouraged to participate in the committees and are offered an opportunity to network with legal professionals with similar interests.
- Social events - The Section hosts several receptions during the year, including a reception at the annual meeting of The Florida Bar.
Membership in the Section is open to any member of the Florida Bar in good standing. Additionally, law school faculty, authorized house council and Florida law school students may join as affiliate members of the Section.